Toys & Comfort Items
Max's Meals & More has partnered with the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC), Cancer & Blood Diseases Institute (CBDI) Social Workers and Child Life employees to provide many items for the patients and families, including:
- Cookies and cookie decorating supplies for Valentine's Day and Halloween for multiple years.
- A flat-screen TV, XBox One game system, video games and cart for the CBDI floor.
- Multiple Christmas donations of board games, video games, books, coloring/crafting supplies, gift cards and more.
- iTunes, Amazon.com, Target and Subway gift cards for Social Workers and Child Life employees to give to patients celebrating a birthday or treatment milestone or just needing to get out of the hospital for a day.
- Gift cards to local shopping malls for a patient's day out of the hospital.
- Celebration bags for New Year Eve.
- Gift cards to the CCHMC cafeteria, local restaurants or grocery stores for families in need.
- Deliveries of specially requested meals from restaurants like PF Changs, Benihana, Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster and others.
- A multi-purpose game table for use in the CBDI, Teen & Young Adult rec room, donated in honor of Max's 5th bone marrow transplant anniversary.
- Red popsicles for a child at the end of their life - it was the only thing they would eat.
- Underwear for a little boy in treatment.